Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Unboxing and first impression

So my kossel kit arrived. Seems like everything is there.
My first impression: the quality of the printed parts is so-so. Their own printer certainly has some problems with overhangs. Even my micro should be able to create higher quality prints than that (but unfortunately not the right size, so reprinting it with my micro is a no-go. I will probably need some brute force, a dremel, and a good drill for everything to fit.
I really like the extruder that came with the kit. easy to use and adjust the tension. I think this is one of the higher quality parts in this kit.
Lots of screws, nuts and bolts.... not going to count that all! lets assume it's all there.
The printbed is of way different quality than i assumed (for the better). I expected a thin heatbed, and a separate aluminium slate to fit on top of it, but apparently it's one solid heatbed. Looking nice flat, and sturdy. Pleasant surprise there.

and last: good looking rods, and big heavy rod ends.... wait... what?! didn't i get a refund because i didn't want to use their rods and ends, and ordered carbon fiber rods and traxxas ends because of that? It seems like they still shipped me the whole package.

Some pictures below.












No comments:

Post a Comment