Saturday, October 3, 2015

A bit more progress. Almost there!

I did not have a lot of building time this week, so i decided to stick to the small tasks I created a jig by printing this jig parts with my micro, and screwing them onto a piece of wood. it fits perfectly, which i actually didn't expect from something printed by the micro.
I bought some 2 component epoxy, and glued the rod ends in the carbon tubes. I thought that i could win some time by gluing 1 rod end into one of each rod, and do the adjustment later with the other end to get it to the same length in the jig. Big mistake. because i had to let it dry like you see in the picture, It wasn't totally straight, and now i have slightly off-center rod ends which will probably result in a couple of a tenth of a millimeter difference for each rod. Also, these rods are 9mm shorter than the rods provided by sintron because i ordered the wrong length. I'll see later how much impact that will have on the total printing area. probably not too much.
The endstop holders provided by sintron were a joke. Thin, and the holes didnt match the wholes on the endstops at all, so i printed these on my micro. See the picture below.
And they do fit well. Because of the design it will be a bit harder later to adjust the height of the endstops. to do that i'll need to remove the physical endstop first. Lets hope that won't be necessary a lot.

I was able to cut the belts to length, and get the right tension on the belts.
 The spool holder got installed:
 And a spool fits and turns nicely on it.
 Next tasks: finish gluing all the rods, and getting that effector in place. I should also be able to install the extruder now.

No comments:

Post a Comment