Sunday, October 4, 2015

nearing the end of the building phase

A short update although i'm very pleased with the amount of progress that i made. There was just one problem: I just found out that i was taking pictures without a memory card in my camera, so i dont have a lot to show. 
First of all; i installed the extruder. After taking this picture i actually found out that it would be better if it was more towards the corner, so i adjusted that later. 
 Second: I glued all the rods, and installed them. I have a working effector now!
The big dilemma was; shiny side up, or down? I finally chose down because that side needed to fit with the clip that holds the hot end in place. I also found out after i installed the hotend, that my effector is not level. on one side there are 3 layers under the hole for the nut. on the other side, there is only 1 layer. Most likely the printer that printed this part had a very badly calibrated printbed.
As a result my hotend is sloped at a 2 degrees angle, so i'll add that to the list of parts that i will need to reprint and replace ASAP.

photo taken by phone.
When i wanted to install the z-probe, i found out that my soldering iron is dead, so i couldn't continue. As soon as i have a (temporary) replacement, i will continue with the electronics.

No comments:

Post a Comment